Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Guy 11/27


Lucky me, and I am hoping many of you have a significant other like this or will find one, but here is why I am so lucky.
Wednesday morning was a bit of a disappointment for me, I weighed in and found that I had not lost any weight for the 4th week in a row, and alluded the 50 pound lost milestone I was looking for. I accepted it, somewhat graciously but was still mopey about it with DBF. We had dinner and he went back to work for a few hours and when he came home I was in bed watching The Biggest Loser reunion show. We were talking about how so many contestants has put the weight back on and I was talking about how that is one thing that makes me try to be patient with my weight loss is I want the bad habits to be completely under control when I hit maintenance as that is what I perceive as the hardest part of my journey, maintaining my weight loss.
What came out of his mouth made my heart feel sing and feel totally accepted and understood.
" Jen, I admire you so much, you get up every day and motivate yourself to eat OP, exercise, and you have lost almost 50 pounds on your own, No Jillian or Bob, or a carrot of $250,000, and while that may seem like a simple thing to do I know it is not and I love you no matter what you weigh, but I know this is about your health and I want you to succeed and know you will. I know you will get there and it does not matter how long it takes."
When I fell off the wagon and got back on the scale again on Thursday morning ( I am really trying to weigh self just once a week) I got my Thanksgiving Surprise and I have broke the plateau and lost 50 pounds, and no one was happier than DBF, but I had already been rewarded the night before with his sweet words and reminder of the things in my life that are right and he is one of them.
He is in the picture with my post today and my Granddaughter, the both of them add to my happiness every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment