Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary To me


Exactly a year ago today I joined Weight Watchers online and begin my Weight loss journey. A week later I began this blog. I had joined Weight Watchers approximately 186..or so times before over the course of my life, once I even lost eighty pounds hit goal and celebrated with food, and well I am sure you know how that turned out as I joined again, and again. Last year on this day I was looking at 120 pounds to lose and I was beyond overwhelmed, I felt defeated. I decided though than and still now that I was up to this journey and worth this journey and I would take it and I have.
I had some pretty high expectations of myself , as I anticipated writing this blog and reporting back on this date that I had lost 100 pounds and had just 20 to go. I chuckle to myself as I write that as that has been a recurring theme for me on this journey, I set goals that are just a little beyond my reach and than I am disappointed, not defeated but disappointed. What I have learned and would love to be able to give to all newbies or rejoiners is this, " It does not matter how long it takes to lose the weight, what matters is steady progress on the scale as well as most importantly in your head. Better choices day after day, minute after minute, and acceptance that a bad meal is not a bad day or week, just a bad meal, keep going. Don't give up and Don't play the I will start again next week, or tomorrow, instead start again next bite, or your next thought."
Last year I weighed 261 pounds on Dec 26, today I weigh 206, I lost a pound this week, Christmas week, while preparing my traditional cookie trays for my friends and family. I woke up Christmas morning, my weigh in day and was greeted with a one pound loss bringing my total weight loss to 55 pounds! 65 to go! 7 pounds away from Onederland, which I may see by my birthday( here I go again with the mini goals, hopefully this one within reach, January 15)
More than losing the weight I have gained a better sense of my self, and an understanding of what makes me eat. I have been blessed with a great online support group and met incredible people here, and without them I am certain I would not have lost 55 pounds or found me.
Happy Anniversary to me, I am going to celebrate, I am going to soak in the tub with a luxurious bath bomb, I have a yoga DVD that will teach me poses, that I will be practicing all week, as I am joining my first yoga class in January. I will have a six point glass of wine tonight while watching the snow fall, and I will give myself the gift of time, I may not reach 120 pounds lost in what was my original time frame, but I wll get there and look forward to sharing the journey with all my new friends here and my offline family and friends whom without I would be lost.
Love to you all.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment