Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New England Winters


It is cold tonight, really cold. The snow has stopped and I have about 20 inches outside my door. I love New England, I love the change of seasons and the unpredictable weather. As early as two days ago the weatherman were not able to call the storm, and last week they called for a big blockbuster of a storm that never materialized. I do however hate the cold. I still feel that as I lose weight I am losing my insulation and I can not figure out how to dress accordingly.
Today I learned that being housebound with the snow falling and the wind howling, triggers something in me to eat. I made it through the holidays and lost a pound, but today with every hour that passed I was noshing like I was headed for hibernation. Good foods though as I have no junk in the house anymore, but I was seriously fighting the urge to eat even more than I allowed myself.
I had to laugh at myself as I reminded myself of the shoppers who when they hear the word snowstorm, rush to the store to stock up, as if they will not get out for awhile, now that may have been the case in the day, but we have stores on every corner now. We certainly have refrigerators and pantry's full, we can last days without worry. That said, I still wanted to eat and cook and hunker down.
I wanted a White Christmas and I got my wish.... we had flurries a few days before Christmas and now we are graced with 20 Inches!
I earned 20 AP's with shoveling today and I felt great, last year at this time, I would be crying like a baby about how sore I am and out of shape, today I am proud to say I love New England Winters and am up to the task.... Check out the picture with my post....only in New England....Wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment