Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Thanksgiving Surprise

I woke up Thanksgiving morning, stumbled to the coffee pot, grabbed coffee and sat at my computer for a little while and than off to the shower, and fresh out of the shower out of the corner of my eye, I see him. Roland, yup, my daughter forget to take him home with her last night. For anyone not knowing who Roland is, he is my scale, I named him, makes hating him more logical for me.
I am feeling pretty weak looking at him, thinking " Why did I not get him out of the bathroom" I have tried to stay loyal to my weigh in once a week, and this clearly is a challenge I want to win. I was not winning yesterday morning. I dried my hair, still trying to ignore Roland in the corner, I thought I even heard " No one put's baby in the corner " I was having a full attack of scale obsession. You guessed it, I climbed on Roland, and squeezed my eyes shut. slowly opened one, than the other and looked down,...
Plateau Broken!!! the scale read 211 DRUMROLL....50 POUNDS! It was the happiest moment of my weight loss as yet, a little tainted by the fact that I can not log it as my weigh in day is on Wed and I had already logged that I had not lost any weight. I will tell you though, I am and was thrilled and it helped say no to a lot of things yesterday, like a second piece of pie, Turkey Stuffing Sandwich my sister offered when she found out I would not cook a traditional Turkey dinner in order to honor my weight loss efforts and by the way the meal was instead Apricot glazed Turrkey and Sweet potatoes, weight watchers and great. I passed on eating a piece of Apple pie that I had made with my daughter that morning, she brought one to her Inlaws and left the other with me. I was not hungry, just kept thinking it was Thanksgiving and I should eat it...huh?!! glad my logic prevailed over that thought. Roland was kind and I accepted that as the gift it was meant to be, however I must conquer my scale obsession so one day of him being nice does not mean he can stay....he and I have some boundary issues to work on and he must do it somewhere else and he can come back home next Tuesday on the eve of my weigh in.
So here I sit happily and feeling like, I can do this, I can really do this, and it is with a grateful heart to all of you who help and support me along the way, this online group of friends helps sustain me and I " Thank You!"
My friends and family and some follow my blog, get a special " Thank You" as well as they live with my scale obsession, rants on the phone about how the scale will not move, or listening to me grumble out how cold it was on my walk... I love you, Heidi, Chelle, Angie, Marianne, Alice, just to name a few... Thank You....
I will begin thinking about my next mini goal and how I will get there, you know I will be sure to share it with you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment