Friday, November 26, 2010

My Walking Buddy 11/22


40° CloudyWeather, that is the weather this am, and she called and we are walking. I am whining, and she has to be the tough one, as I hate the cold! We are not walking our regular walk but instead she leaves her house a mile away and I mine, and meet at a coffee shop, we have coffee and than walk back home to our own homes, 2 mile round trip. I am adding steps to my day and building up tolerance for the cold. I decided a month ago that this morning walk has now been delegated to just extra walking as my workout at the gym has far-passed the intensity level that this walk is at.
It was a great starting place for me and for my buddy, but I say this with no judgment, just sadness as I know there is no good in it for her, but she still is smoking, and can not increase her walking speed. My job as her walking buddy is to stick it out with her regardless of the fact that I feel like hibernating in the cold, as she hates the heat but for my sake kept walking all summer. Walking Buddies, I highly recommend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment