Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet Sixteen


I woke up to sleet, wind and cold weather, arghhh,,,,Sleet!!?? Really,,, Can we have our first snow first, as that brings some beauty with the cold. I guess that is what I am really looking for is the beauty of the change of seasons, it is a well established fact that I hate the cold. Hating the cold does not keep me from loving the snow, weird huh?
My mood was feeling set for the day, I needed to do something to change that, and I knew if I could find some good in my weigh loss journey that might do it. A positive so to speak as the day will be long, sleet and cold in all . I have to get a work out in, and that will not happen without intense effort, and my effort does not happen when I lose sight of the progress and last week the scale has been making me lose sight of the progress.
I decided to go out on a limb and try the one pair of size 16 jeans I have left over from days gone by. Last time I tried them about a month ago, they went up but could not zip, so they went back to the recess of bottom drawer of my bureau. Today they fit! , okay let's revisit that statement, today the zipper zipped and I see that I can wear a Size 16! I am going to revel in that for a little while, I went from a Size 22 to a Size 16 in 11 months time, most likely I was a size 24 but I refused to buy that size as I was heartbroken by the weight I had reached, instead I squeezed into a Size 22 or more often than not wore elastic waisted pants that grew with me.( attractive picture I am painting, NOT)
Despite the scale playing hard to get with me, the inches are disappearing and that is what I needed today to stay the course. I am not wearing the size 16 as because they zip does not mean they fit comfortably. gone are my days of wearing clothes so tight I am uncomfortable. I am pleased they fit, but I want to feel good about how I look and that does not happen when I feel material stretching and cutting into me. Fitting and feeling comfortable are not always the same, but I see that they will feel comfortable soon enough.They fit better than they did a month ago and even if the scale is stalling at the moment the progress can show itself in other ways.
So I can not change the weather but I can change how I feel about it, I can change me, I have changed me, and that change has been pervasive to my whole life, I keep looking for the bright side, I keep pushing myself to do what I did not think I could, I have changed my body and my mind has followed, and for that I am grateful! Sweet 16!! Bring on the sleet, wind, cold., I can handle it, sounds like the workout will be at the gym, tonite about 7:30 and followed by hot shower and steambath to warm me up and make the weather seem insignificant!

No comments:

Post a Comment