Friday, November 26, 2010

Love being a "mimi"


The smell of waffles lingers in the air as I type, Blues Clues is on the Tv behind me which can only mean my Granddaughter slept over last night. I awoke to her asking me if we could go to the Santa Parade, NOW. She knew it was one more sleep away, she has been counting down the sleeps since 4 sleeps ago. That is how I taught my girls to count down big events when they were small and it so endearing to me to continue the tradition. She had her one last sleep, the remaining hours will be the long part!
Besides Evie knowing how to count down to the parade some other things have changed since last year, we will be walking, it is 1/4 mile up the street from my home, last year we drove anyways, as I was so out of shape and feared she may need me to carry her. Today I can carry her and will and walk. We will have company of my Sisters and their children and their childrens's children. I come from a family of Seven and I am number six, number seven was a Big surprise so her children are older than my Granddaughter but not so old that they do not believe in Santa. Another change this year is I will not be avoiding the pictures that may be snapped, I will not be wishing the parade will end as I can not stand or sit another minute, due to my weight causing me discomfort. It is the start of a Season of firsts for me again, and I could not be happier!
Haverhill, MA: The 46th Annual VFW Santa Parade will kick off this Sunday at 1 pm With the theme "Christmas in Haverhill's Neighborhoods," and we will be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment