Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for Pie for Breakfast 11/25 Turkey Day



Growing up in a large family I have favorite memories and traditions I hold dear and some I can just let go, Pie on Thanksgiving morning is one I will keep at least for as longs as my mom is alive to indulge in it with me.
This morning I drove to mom's with for my morning check in and had a pumpkin pie in hand, I bought it at the local farmstand and she was eagerly awaiting my arrival. She has always had an enormous sweet tooth but it has increased by 10 with every year that passes.
I am one of seven children and my sister and I were talking this morning and laughing at the fact that we believe the tradition started because mom had no self control with the pies in the house and how could she justify to us that she could have pie for breakfast but us kids could not, I am thinking that was battle she could not win. Whatever the reason, it is a tradition at this point, and the 9 points I used to have a piece of pumpkin pie with my mom was well with all 9 points. I am Thankful to have her still alive this year and know that it could have gone another way at several points. I had one piece and left the pie with her. She will have dinner with another sibling and I have my Weight Watchers Meal ready and planned and my day is within my daily point range.
I am also very Thankful for this great online community all the friends I have made here and all the daily support I receive, how lucky are we to have all of this support right at our fingertips, Thank You.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and try to remember as I will as well, that it is the people and the memories we are celebrating and the second piece of anything tastes no different than the first, moderation is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment