Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Birthday Girl Ate Cake


I had a great Birthday and a Great Birthday Dinner. My Boyfriend took me out to a really nice Restaurant that I had been wanting to try downtown. We parked about half a mile away as the parking downtown is tough especially with all the snow we just got last week. It was a beautiful but cold night but the walk was nice and it felt good to not be out of breath.
The restaurant was just opening as we arrived so no wait. I decided that there would be no appetizers as I had cake awaiting at my daughters after dinner. I had a dijon mustard coated tilapia, grilled , served over lobster risotto with grilled asparagus spears. A glass of wine, and forcacia bread dipped in olive oil. Phenomenal is the word to describe the meal. A glass of wine and my boyfriend asked them to read the desserts even though we knew we were having cake soon. So..... he ordered a Pineapple Neapolitan ( he could not resist). It was two vanilla wafers, warm, very crisp and just cooked, fresh pineapple slice that had been caramelized and a layer of custard and than repeated served with fresh whipped cream. I had three bites...and it was the best dessert I had had in a LONG time. We left vowing to return again and again.
My daughter's had carrot cake for me and try as I may, there is no way to count that as a vegetable for zero points. I passed on any icecream and made it through the night with just one piece.
When I got home I felt like the little girl in the Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory who blew up to the over sized blueberry and thought my boyfriend should roll me to the bedroom!! I used 29 of my 49 weeklies!! What occurs to me as I type this is, this is how I used to eat every day before I got serious about my health. I can not imagine that anymore, I woke up with a food hangover this morning. and most of the reason was the desserts, because the actual meal was prepared healthy by my most standards.
What happens today and the rest of the week that determines how well I am or am not going to recover from my Birthday Meal. The cake came home with me, half a carrot cake that is in my refrigerator for a brief time as I called a friend and she is coming to get the rest, she has a house full of kids in and out and they will make short work of that! Five days at the gym this week and careful eating the rest of the week should verify what I already know it is not one meal, or one day it is the sum of the everyday that makes this program work!

No comments:

Post a Comment