Friday, January 14, 2011

I Lift Things Up, I put Things down



My title of my post today is a new PLanet Fitness Commercial in my area, a must see!
My hopes is after meeting with a trainer I will be able to negotiate the gym witha little more intelligence than that!! We will see!
Yesterday was a great day for me, I again had a sixty minute workout on a treadmill at the gym, a fifteen minute mile with an elevation of ten, this is a push for me. I am sweating and definitely feeling it. The great part is going on in my head, I hit points where I see I have been doing this for forty five minutes and the little guy that lives on my shoulder says," enough, you can stop now, you did ok " and inside my head I know I need to do more to see more. I can remind myself what the goal is and that to be into onederland soon I need to really push myself. I do push myself as well as push that little guy on my shoulder off!
Twenty five minutes into my work out, despite the headphones, I hear someone beside me, asking me how my work out is going, I look over and it is a trainer at the gym. Pulling the ear buds out of my ears I attempt to talk, I am winded though and this is another good sign for me. The gym has at least eight trainers I have seen as I work out and in my head I have said when I am under two hundred it is time to seek one out and get some advice for the next part of my journey.
I am challenged with weights and machines and have had a trainer before, her name was Heather and my nickname for her was Hell Heather. I will need help negotiating through strength training but until I spoke with Abby ( yesterdays trainer who approached me) I thought I should wait until I have reached onderland seven pounds away. She would like me to meet and have a fitness evaluation and the gym is offering them free to members whom have not had one and have been a member for six months or more. That is me! Now I know that they are going to try and sell me a package, and I am ok with that as I am looking for some help and the timing is a little sooner but she brought up a great point, the next part of my weight loss will be harder as my body is on to me, it knows what I am trying to do and I need to constantly change up what I do to challenge it. This is not news to me in the exercise department I have been toying back and forth with different ways but when the cold weather came in, I just settled back into treadmill at the gym. I have elliptical fear, and weight bench phobia. Tomorrow morning at ten I meet with Abby. I am excited as I am certain that things happen for a reason, as I said there are eight trainers plus at the gym, and I am taking her approaching me around the same time as I have been contemplating this step is a great sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment