Sunday, January 2, 2011

Popcorn and Merlot


Whole Grain, High Carb and low calories and and so filling! What is not too love?
Well let me say that as much as I love it and I do, this week I may have gone overboard. I was fortunate enough to have had a loss this week, weighing in on Christmas morning but I dare say it will take a miracle to not have gained this week.
My Christmas stocking was not laden with candy as years past as it had been , my daughters fill it for me and they were great about no candy, and DBF substituted my box of 24 truffles for a 4 truffle box and I appreciate that everyone in my life has changed what they gift me as a result of the changes I have made.
Popcorn was in my stocking, little packages from Fireworks Popcorn Co. and I have been popping my self a batch every day this week, and topping it with a Tablespoon of butter, using oil, a whopping 7 pt daily snack! That is bad enough, but I also received the most beautiful Set of Wine glasses and quite a few bottles of Merlot and mysteriously or not so mysteriously one has disappeared and I am the only Merlot drinker in the house!
" Why the excess?" I keep asking myself, and "why am I so hungry this week?", and "how do I get myself back on track?. "
I think the answers lie in my success, I feel like, I have had such great success and even though I have a ways to go, 65 pounds, if I stopped right now, I would be in regular Miss's size clothing, a huge goal met. My health is 90% better, I am receiving compliments and indications from those around me that I have already succeeded and could stop right here and be ok.
OK!!??? Ok! Do I want ok? or do I want 100%. I am worth 100% I expect to give 100% of myself to others why would I not expect me to give myself 100%. This is the thinking that helped me gain 120 pounds over 10 years. This is the complacency that will derail me if I let it, I will not let it.
A weight gain is alright this week, I will not welcome it, but I will own it if it happens, and I will remind myself that I do not want good enough, I want the best I can possibly give myself and be.
The popcorn and the wine, do not have an expiration date, because I can eat and drink them does not mean I have too every day. I can get back on track by doing what I have been doing. Measure, Track, Moderation, Exercise, Blog my feelings, reach out and most importantly remember we are all worth 100% of our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment