Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Heaviest


I saw a friend this weekend and she was going on and on about how good I looked and instead of a gracious " Thank You " I went on about the cake I ate and how worried I was about gaining. She quickly straightened me out, and asked me if I had a picture of me at my heaviest and that I need to find one and put it up to remind myself how far I have come. Those pictures are hard to find as I have said before I was a pro at avoiding the camera.
I did find one it was the October before I started in December of 2009, it was with me at my Granddaughter's second Birthday she is being held by her Great Grandfather and I am standing next to them. It is a great visual for me as I truly see the difference and I think I will take her advice and hang it in a prominent place as I need to be reminded that this is going to take some time, but it is going to happen! I am almost half way at my goal and however long it takes is how long it takes.
It is so easy for me to get sidetracked with the I want to lose it all now way of thinking, I am grateful that I can lose weight and still live and enjoy celebrations and yet be able to see success on and off the scale.
So here is the picture of me at my heaviest, 261 pound, I will make copies and post it on my refrigerator and keep it at my desk as well, as a reminder of where I started and how far I have come and where I am going

No comments:

Post a Comment