Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Contradict


con·tra·dict (kntr-dkt)v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts v.tr.1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.3. To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.v.intr.

" Oh the difference a day makes..." I admit. Yesterday I was low and the weather took some serious heat about it. Yes the Winter blues, I do believe they are creeping up on me and even saying that, I am feeling excited today like a little kid. We are looking at a Northeaster coming our way and I am in the 12-16 inches part of the forecast. Yes I said excited, I will be watching my granddaughter and we she loves the snow, so I may be cold and I may whine but I will take her out while I shovel, she has her own cute little pink one. The area blanketed in white snow is a sight to be seen and and it appears everything still for a few hours on my busy street and the only vehicles seen are big snow plows, the house seems cozier and the outside seems cleaner and for those few hours that the snow is fallen everything slows down and we can enjoy the nature induced down time.
I will watch the weather reports and keep looking at the predicted numbers and get excited an defeated as they rise in fall with the Doplar radar and at some point my mom will tell me ( every storm she says this)" I will will tell you how much snow we are gonna get....when it is over" LOL. she just thinks that is the funniest statement and I just think that she thinks it is...it is, she will be 80 in February.
Yesterday I was low and I came here and blogged and got some very good advice. Thank you. I also said I saw no beauty in the cold and later that night I was on Facebook and my brother in law had posted a picture from his backyard a cardinal huddled against the cold, it was/is beautiful and it lifted my mood. Cardinals for me have always been natures outward sign that all is going to be ok, actually Cardinals and deer. I am not sure how old I was when I first noticed the connection in my life, but within hours of any family death, traumatic incident or emotional crisis, I would see a cardinal or a deer and feel sudden peace, blockading myself inside was not conclusive to seeing either and than before I climbed in bed, I went on Facebook to check on something and there was the picture I have with my post, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment