Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weight Watchers Message boards, and Blogs


After my my bad experience with my gym's Private Training Company and their hard sell approach to training I was left with many questions regarding my current work out schedule. I may have escaped buying a package from them, and I was assertive about how I did it, I was still left feeling like I was somehow lacking on my own program.
Part of my make up is that I can easily be undermined and easily doubt my skills in life, and changing that is a lifelong process and I am know it is also part of my weight struggle. I work hard on this, without going into details that are not helpful to relive I stayed in a very bad marriage for many years due to this trait so it is imperative for my mental and physical health to always be aware of that trait and make adjustments to my thinking when I see it creeping back in.
So after the whole trainer meeting and me feeling like I was in over my head and questions like " Am I wasting my time on the treadmill for an hour 4 days a week, same speed and elevation? " " Should I be lifting weights? " How do I get Started?" " Should I just give up?" Now I know the answer to one of those questions, hands down, NO, I SHOULD NOT GIVE UP. That last question is the old mindset and there is no room for that anymore. The other questions are real and while showering yesterday morning ( where my best thinking happens) it occured to me that every question I have had thus far on this weight loss journey has been answered here on these blogs, or in message boards or articles, all I had to do is Ask.
Ask I did, I went on the message board of Women's Fitness and asked my questions and got a lot of great answers and suggested books New Rules of Lifting for Women or Female Body Breakthrough. I am going to spend some time today reading and finding ways to implement some changes to my work outs at the gym as a result. A real lesson I would like to pass along is the answers to our questions are often right at our fingertips and we really just have to ask! There is so many successful Weight loss stories in these blogs, message boards and all over this site and the community part and the reaching out to share information is amazing! While showering it occurred to me that I am still only half using the tools at my fingertips, that is going to change and my guess is it will help me get to the other half of my weight loss and than the other part of the journey begins, keeping myself at lifetime.
This post is a big " Thank you!" and a big suggestion to all to " Reach Out and ask Questions" of each other as we are truly in this journey together and the shared gratitude and shared information makes it that much easier and even enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment